propolice

ashes cendres at videotron.ca
Fri Jan 2 21:17:27 PST 2004

On January 3, 2004 12:03 am, Archaic wrote:
> Keep in mind that we will be either building chapter6, or rebuilding
> chapter6. I'm not sure at this point which way we should go. One part of
> me says that rebuilding chapter 6 is a long process, the other part says
> that noobs should have completed LFS first before tackling this. Also if
> you fully follow the LFS book, then you have the more trivial conf files
> set up already and that keeps us from having to mention them unless
> there are security implications.

If you want propolice on glibc, you need propolice in chapter 5. There might
be reasons to adjust the build proccess too. We shouldn't be worried about
saving people's time. If they want a quick install, get a binary distro. I'm
not saying we should build glibc 6 times, but it might make sence to do make
bootstrap in gcc pass one and two, where pass two has the propolice patch.
Propolice in gcc will produce different results, which LFS's build proccess
doesn't account for.