propolice

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Fri Jan 2 21:03:11 PST 2004

On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 11:55:00PM -0500, ashes wrote:

> I tested with gcc-3.3.1 before, now im trying a full build with
> lfs-cvs. The patches are for gcc-3.3*. I'm pretty sure gcc2 will still
> be able to build a kernel with propolice, but nothing else should be.
> I think there are binary compat problems between ssp at GCC binaries and
> ssp at Glibc systems, or vise vera.

Keep in mind that we will be either building chapter6, or rebuilding
chapter6. I'm not sure at this point which way we should go. One part of
me says that rebuilding chapter 6 is a long process, the other part says
that noobs should have completed LFS first before tackling this. Also if
you fully follow the LFS book, then you have the more trivial conf files
set up already and that keeps us from having to mention them unless
there are security implications.

--
Archaic

It will be of little avail to the people, that the laws are made by men
of their own choice, if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be
read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood; if they be
repealed or revised before they are promulgated, or undergo such
incessant changes that no man, who knows what the law is to-day, can
guess what it will be to-morrow. Law is defined to be a rule of action;
but how can that be a rule, which is little known, and less fixed?

- James Madison, Federalist Papers 62