propolice

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Fri Jan 2 20:45:43 PST 2004

On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 11:40:23PM -0500, ashes wrote:

> I just built binutils with -fstack-protector-all, and -fno-stack-protector in
> make check, and got 0 errors. New protector patch will be ready tommorrow, 2
> new hunks in an earlier post. I lost 2 errors from gcc's make check also,
> leaving 3 total remaining, which isn't too bad for gcc, and this might get
> better if I do make check with -fno-stack-protector, or track down the
> problems and patch the makefile if it comes down to that.

Great. Which gcc are you using? We should probably have people test
these builds (with an LFS-5.0 host) to see if the errors are the same.
Like you said, gcc has errors w/o the patches. BTW, are these patches
for 3.3.1, or 3.3.2, or both?

--
Archaic

All forms of government are pernicious, including good government.

- Edward Abbey