encrypted root filesystem

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Sun Feb 29 16:04:51 PST 2004

Dagmar d'Surreal wrote:

>Step #5. Try to mutter incoherently about speed tradeoffs when
>drunk.

LOL ;-)

>Step #6. Come to grips with the fact that hardware-based total disk
>strong encryption isn't likely to become available to the consumer,
>ever, with the current political regimes in place.

You can get cheap DES dongles, fit inline on PATA
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/mainboards/display/abit-kv8-max3_4.html
(stumbled onto this when researching purchase of a new toy)

It's only DES, but I guess at least we'll probably see something
cheap and effective sometime soon...
If not, could be a fun electronics project (been a while since I
wielded a CAM package in anger).

[R]