book

Robert Connolly cendres at videotron.ca
Wed Feb 25 14:13:12 PST 2004

I removed gcc2, I think the new shadow works now but I didn't really check.
New autopie patch adds D__KERNEL__ filter so gcc3 can build the kernel. Same
added to the SSP sed command. Added random device to chap7 bootscripts with
description. I tested the build against 2.6(chap5) / fedora(chap6) headers,
nptl, and booted with 2.6 pax patch and with the pax addon at:
http://openpax.net/

Updated book:
https://twocents.mooo.com/hlfs/downloads/cvs/

Updated patch:
https://twocents.mooo.com/patches/downloads/gcc/gcc-3.3.3-autopie-x86-2.patch

One of the options in the addon pax patch breaks hwclock i/o.
And I found the following apps have TEXTREL:
/usr/bin/gencat
/usr/bin/getconf
/usr/bin/getent
/usr/bin/iconv
/usr/bin/lddlibc4
/usr/bin/locale
/usr/bin/localedef
/usr/bin/pcprofiledump
/usr/bin/pt_chown
/usr/bin/rpcgen
/usr/bin/sprof
/usr/sbin/iconvconfig
/usr/sbin/nscd_nischeck
/usr/sbin/rpcinfo
/usr/sbin/zdump
/usr/sbin/zic

Regarless I could build ssl/ssh, wget, and lynx in the new system with
NOTEXTREL in the kernel without complaints from the system.