netfilter firewalling problems and solutions

Jason jason at jasonandjessi.com
Tue Feb 24 11:43:57 PST 2004

I have made a firewall for myself using this exact approach. I have a 10
meg initrd that loads and everything runs out of that, then I have a
script that detects my USB thumbdrives, mounts them and stores all my
config info in that. It's actually a project that I have been working on
for some time (firewall on a live cd with persistant storage possible via
thumbdrive or an IDE device, web based gui and cdrw support so when you
are happy with your config you can just burn it to a cd and not have to
worry about storage anymore) and I would be more then happy to share what
I have if anyone is interested. Just be aware that it is something that I
have been trying to do in my spare time with the intent of releasing, but
in it's current form, it's a collection of dirty hacks.

--
       Jason
www.jasonandjessi.com