netfilter firewalling problems and solutions

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Tue Feb 24 07:55:59 PST 2004

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 10:34:29 -0500
Bennett Todd <bet at rahul.net> wrote:

> It's not; your approach can work. I think an initrd is simpler; once
> it's loaded and running, nothing is referencing the hard drive.

Oh right - you're saying tis easy to know nothing is writing to the hdd, rather than you have to boot off something that isnt the hdd. Now I follow you.

Yes, quite correct. a bit overkill really though - mount ro and you'll soon discover what breaks ;-)

the union mount will eventually trap the remainder ;-)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are tasty and good with ketchup.