netfilter firewalling problems and solutions

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Sun Feb 22 16:25:30 PST 2004

On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 03:36:37AM -0500, Robert Connolly wrote:

> Its about keeping packages from overwritting eachothers files on make
> install.  We already know gcc and binutils, and coreutils and shadow
> install files with the same name. These can be patched but with new
> packages its not easy to know this untill its too late.

I'm still questioning if my understanding of this is correct. Because
what I see in the above doesn't seem valid. If user lfs has the ability
to install files then user lfs can overwrite those files. What are you
proposing exactly?

--
Archaic

"The state calls its own violence `law', but that of the individual
`crime'"

- Max Stirner