greetings!

Robert Connolly cendres at videotron.ca
Thu Feb 19 05:16:20 PST 2004

On February 19, 2004 07:53 am, Joshua Brindle wrote:
> Robert Connolly wrote:
> > On February 19, 2004 07:18 am, Joshua Brindle wrote:
> >>Ah, ok. Do you know if there is anyone working on an SELinux section yet?
> >
> > On http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/ HLFS link there is a bit started on
> > Selinux. The first thing needed to be done is backport the patches to
> > vanilla.
>
> what do you mean backported to vanilla? there are already selinux
> patches for 2.4 vanilla and 2.6 includes it.

Some of the userland patches need major overhaul before they will apply to gnu
vanilla source (coreutils). I looked around at different vendors and they all
use the same mess of a patchset.

> Who wrote the selinux pages on the wiki? they are somewhat misleading.
> For example "How to make your own selinux pam patch" is the title of a
> page, leading me to believe it was going to give instructions on writing
> a patch to make something selinux-aware, which could be very cool, but
> really it tells how to extract the patch out of the SRPM available on
> nsa.gov, which isn't even necessary since the patch itself is available
> at nsa.gov outside of the srpms.

I used the wiki as a notepad and never finished it.

> Also, is there a topic list of things that are desirable in the book but
> noone has started yet? Since crispin is here I assume there will be some
>   large sections on LSM, what LSM modules will be featured? Will there
> be an LSM module writing tutorial?

Personaly I want to see a description of anything relevent, including LSM. But
we haven't got that far yet.