Login functionality

ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.net ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.net
Wed Feb 18 17:42:09 PST 2004

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 12:32:40PM -0600, Dagmar d'Surreal (dagmar.wants at nospam.com) wrote:
> This still reduces the keyspace needed to search by a pretty substantial
> amount.  Reducing the keyspace is bad.

Let me repeat that for those of you who may be hard of hearing:

Reducing the key space in any way is bad.

*snip story about subverting small key space*

Or a high school kid can cobble together a cluster of used computers
given to him by friends of his parents who are looking to throw them
away.

The point is that brute forcing small key spaces is cheap.
--
I think, therefore, ken_i_m
Chief Gadgeteer, Elegant Innovations