Login functionality

Charles Winebrinner cwinebrinner at lmtc.net
Wed Feb 18 08:26:27 PST 2004

Well not ALL.  It seems this discussion is in an endless loop.  I agree
with Bennett about the possibility of SUID programs being able to read the
logs and printing them out as syntax errors. Regardless, if somebody wants
to implement this on their system, go ahead, but I do not think that it is
something that should be a part of HLFS. Though it does have some
advantages, you merely trade off one advantage and one disadvantage for
another advantage and disadvantage.

---
Charles Winebrinner
cwinebrinner at lmtc.net