Login functionality

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Wed Feb 18 04:32:14 PST 2004

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 12:44:17AM -0500, Christopher Chumbley wrote:
> I agree that with a malicious admin all bets are are off.  On the
> other hand, I have seen too many stupid and/or lazy admins and the

This book is meant to teach the basics of proper admin practices. In
light of that, I don't by the argument. If the admin is
{malicious,lazy,ignorant} then he'll likely be rooted anyway. Also, I
never mentioned writing the password, just replace UNKNOWN with the name
typed. And any good admin will religiously check logs and keep them
private.

--
Archaic

Non-cooperation with evil is as much a duty as cooperation with good.

- Mohandas Gandhi