Iptables initialization

Robert Connolly cendres at videotron.ca
Sat Feb 14 08:20:17 PST 2004

On February 14, 2004 10:57 am, Archaic wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 10:52:22AM -0500, Robert Connolly wrote:
> > My pentium 90mhz, 32mb ram, can upload at about 600kbps, and route at the
> > same speed. My 486dx4/100, 48mb ram, tops out around 300kbps.
>
> Must be nice having that kind of connection. I'm jealous. ;)

The upload speeds are on my lan, not on the internet.

This cross compiling of LFS isn't a very smooth operation. Im counting that I
need to build glibc 5 to 6 times before I get a proper native install. First
binutils, gcc without shared, then glibc-2.3.2, then rebuild gcc with shared,
then build glibc-2.3.3, then gcc can be rebuilt with fpie, and glibc-2.3.3
can be rebuilt with fpie. That just gives a toolchain with fpie, to begin
chap5 with. I have no idea if other cross targets involve so much rebuilding.