chap5 kernel headers

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Thu Feb 12 17:15:54 PST 2004

> I noticed to cross compiler gcc you need kernel headers first. I
> realize most
> people do not cross compile lfs, however I don't see the harm in
> installing
> kernel headers after binutils and before gcc pass1 as a general
> procedure.
> Are there a side effect to this I'm not considering?

No side effects at all, but you need more than just kernel headers.
You'll also need glibc headers for your os/arch and c-libraries for
your target os/arch, which if you don't have to hand you have to cross
compile (which is fun, cross compile your c-libs to use to build your
cross-compiler... chicken and egg :-) ).

Basically you need to do a two step build for your cross compiler,
checkout Dan Kegel's cross tools for a better explanation than I
will give you ;-)

 Regards
Ryan