lfs glibc 2.3.3 hackery - Bug

Sébastien Maerten sebastien.maerten at iota.u-psud.fr
Thu Feb 12 01:35:02 PST 2004

> Glibc tarball status is getting there, more info a little later.

Am I the only one thinking this is might be usefull?

http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-dev/2004-February/042074.html

Let's go for the report.

I pulled the cvs glibc with:

cvs -z 9 -d :pserver:anoncvs at sources.redhat.com:/cvs/glibc \
     export -d glibc-2.3.3-20040210 -D "2004-02-10 02:00:00 UTC" libc

And started to test it without your patch.
Host : 5.1-pre1 using HJL and cvs 20040116 glibc and a "testchain"
(sorry no "clean host" available right now)

Full system (5.1-pre1) builds (with HJL), no problem for binutils (HJL)
tests in both chapter 5 and 6.
Glibc make check failed with an error in grp/tests during chapter 5.
Glibc make check ends normally in chapter 6.

Do not have any logs but those of chapter 6 glibc, available on request.

I haven't booted this lfs yet, nor built any additional software
(waiting to see if I can confirm ken's issue with hdparm).

Ryan, could you detail what kind of tests you are waiting for, I mean:
	which host
	which kernel
	full build / make check only
	which additional software...
	how to get the logs

I obviously need directions.

Will be back with additional softs soon.