Issues with LFS glibc-2.3.3 tarball

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Wed Feb 11 17:12:47 PST 2004

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 12:01:51PM +1100, Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au wrote:

> Similar to what I do on some of my DMZ boxes.  I like having build
> tools on the system, but I don't like them lying around.

I always kept the compiler on a CD. Worked well... until I no longer had
physical access. :-| I'm glad you mentioned /usr/include. I had been
pondering that lately. As well as putting sources on encrypted so I
don't have to d/l them should I need them. The problem is I use smaller
disks than I would like due to money constraints. With the CD method, a
mail/smtp/pop3/ftp/ssh box only took 80-90MB (with heavy pruning)
leaving me with pleanty of disk for the daemons. I bought an 80GB and am
just itching to try some fresh builds on it.

Which reminds me, how settled are you with the glibc version (0205?) and
the patch you sent? If golden, I will start tommorrow hammering out some
test builds for LFS and HLFS. I'm itching to turn my server into a
pie/ssp machine.

--
Archaic

"Since there is no such entity as 'the public,' since the public is
merely a number of individuals, the idea that 'the public interest'
supersedes private interests and rights can have but one meaning: that
the interests and rights of some individuals take precedence over the
interests and rights of others."

- Ayn Rand