uClibc (was Re: Issues with LFS glibc-2.3.3 tarball)

Bennett Todd bet at rahul.net
Wed Feb 11 06:42:00 PST 2004

If anybody is interest, I'm building a uClibc-based distro. It's
loosely inspired by LFS, and borrows some of its patches and
techniques, but it's not an LFS; in particular, I don't do the
chapter 5 $LFS/tools dir, for two reasons. First, I'm using software
packaging (very lightweight), so I can do my bootstrapping in place
(I started with the uClibc toolchain fs), and second I'm sticking
with static linking everywhere possible.

My work is available from <URL:http://bent.latency.net/bent/>.

-Bennett