Issues with LFS glibc-2.3.3 tarball

Robert Connolly cendres at videotron.ca
Wed Feb 11 06:01:42 PST 2004

This is sorta unrelated to the glibc situation, but I'm wondering what people
think about developing hlfs for embeded platforms, using uclibc. Uclibc
claims to have SSP and fPIE support, and provides an alternitive to anyone
disenchanted with glibc. I own an Ipaq to develop on and it should be
feasable to get Pax running on it. The build procedures would not be platform
specific, it would work just as well on an x86. LFS'ers might be equaly
interested in developing Uclibc without fpie/ssp. Using busybox would change
the book a bit but shouldn't be imposible to work with, uclibc also provides
a buildroot package that should make things fairly easy.