winter.txt update - testers needed

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Mon Feb 9 07:37:30 PST 2004

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004, Robert Connolly wrote:

> My latest build boots with every pax option enabled (its best to disable a few
> though). Everything seems to work fine except for gcc because of notextrelocs
> kernel option. Untill thats fixed its upto the users to enable that option or
> not. I'll make a new hint, there's a few new patches, and I suggest
> glibc-2.3.3-20040128 which I'll make available.

 Any particular time on 20040128 ?  If there isn't, glibc ch5 on ppc
fails `make check' in cbuild/localedata/tst-fmon.out with the standard
and informative Error 1 (i.e. standard LFS-5.1 build, no security
changes)  Also, isn't this really the start of 2.3.4 ?

 I had idle cycles while trying to work out where to go next on ppc
glibc for LFS.  Don't expect to have idle cycles for a while now,
realised I need to test 20040116 properly, even though Ryan has moved
away from it.

Ken
--
Brighton tops UK Jedi league