winter.txt update - testers needed

Gareth Westwood gareth at wffsystems.co.uk
Sat Feb 7 07:52:33 PST 2004

Robert Connolly wrote:
> On February 4, 2004 04:45 am, Gareth Westwood wrote:
>

>>(why winter?)
>

> In nordic mythology Heimdal is the guardian of the rainbow bridge that leads
> to "Asgaard" the homestead of the Gods. Heimdal can see 100 days in every
> direction, sleeps lighter than a bird, and can hear the grass grow. This is
> in contrast to greek mythology where the guard dog to Hades could be diverted
> with cake, and beaten by Hercules. The dog, kerberos, was owned by Pluto.
> Nordic mythology is strongest in Iceland. Pluto and Iceland are cold, hence
> winter.txt. In other words, I didn't want to call it pie.txt because it
> touches on several things, and I didn't know what to name it.
I like the nordic stuff, been to Norway a couple of times. My PC's are
named, thor, odin, fraye, etc,etc.

>>Am I
>>correct in saying that everything is using the packages from lfs-5 ATM,
>>if so I will start to build an V-5 system (which I need to do anyway.)
>

> For fewer false bug reports I think we're asking ppl to use LFS as the host
> system, newer the better. If you can build the cvs book as a host system it
> would help too.

Got LFS 4 runing on a system that I use for testing. Will give it a bash
there and let you know how I get on.

--
Gareth Westwood
LFS reg. 7163

There are only 10 types of people in this world,
Those who understand binary, and those who dont.

The function of the expert is not to be more right than other people,
but to be wrong for more sophisticated reasons.
			Dr. David Butler, British psephologist