pie-ssp working group

Robert Connolly cendres at videotron.ca
Sat Feb 7 05:10:34 PST 2004

On February 7, 2004 07:17 am, Archaic wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 03:52:03AM -0500, Robert Connolly wrote:
> > I still need to test the my new pie patch by building a base with it but
> > I expect good results. And it will only work on x86. Porting it to other
> > platforms should not be a problem with a bit of testing.
>
> Are redhat, adamantix, and gentoo working on any other arches? Perhaps,
> when the time comes we can cobble some of their patches together. I
> don't have anything to test, though, so we would need to get some people
> to volunteer. I'm current looking at the x86_64, so if I can scrape a
> few extra dollars up, hopefully by summer I will have one... *drool*

Yes they are working on other arches. I have an ipaq but I don't develop for
it atm, and dont know too much about cross compiling. If I can get a shell
with native lfs on it there would be no problem porting the pie by default
patch, assuming -pie works on that arch (doesn't on hppa). Or looking at the
diffs from 3.3-pie to 3.3.2-autopie many should be able to figure it out on
their own. Software support for pie on other arches would be a different
story.