winter.txt update - testers needed

Robert Connolly cendres at videotron.ca
Wed Feb 4 05:45:41 PST 2004

On February 4, 2004 04:45 am, Gareth Westwood wrote:

> (why winter?)

In nordic mythology Heimdal is the guardian of the rainbow bridge that leads
to "Asgaard" the homestead of the Gods. Heimdal can see 100 days in every
direction, sleeps lighter than a bird, and can hear the grass grow. This is
in contrast to greek mythology where the guard dog to Hades could be diverted
with cake, and beaten by Hercules. The dog, kerberos, was owned by Pluto.
Nordic mythology is strongest in Iceland. Pluto and Iceland are cold, hence
winter.txt. In other words, I didn't want to call it pie.txt because it
touches on several things, and I didn't know what to name it.

>Am I
> correct in saying that everything is using the packages from lfs-5 ATM,
> if so I will start to build an V-5 system (which I need to do anyway.)

For fewer false bug reports I think we're asking ppl to use LFS as the host
system, newer the better. If you can build the cvs book as a host system it
would help too.