winter.txt update - testers needed

Gareth Westwood gareth at wffsystems.co.uk
Wed Feb 4 01:45:56 PST 2004

Robert Connolly wrote:
> On February 3, 2004 06:17 pm, Robert Connolly wrote:
>
>>>I second that! BTW, what was the util-linux issue?
>>
>>pivot_root doesn't seem to like fpie. I dont think its too serious, a patch
>>might fix it.
>

> CONFIG_PAX_NOELFRELOCS doesn't work because somethings wrong with my specs.
> They work to compile but are putting TEXTREL in the objects, and thats what
> NOELFRELOCS disallows. I wasn't looking for TEXTREL before so I never
> realized it. Shouldn't take long to fix.

Hi, I've been sitting quietly in the background being a good boy and
reading everything till now and think I got the general g if what's
suposed to be happening here.

I am more than willing to test some stuff but will probably need some
slightly more "hand holdy" destructions. I havent read winter.txt yet
(why winter?) but it's on my list to print and read this week. Am I
correct in saying that everything is using the packages from lfs-5 ATM,
if so I will start to build an V-5 system (which I need to do anyway.)

--
Gareth Westwood
LFS reg. 7163

There are only 10 types of people in this world,
Those who understand binary, and those who dont.

The function of the expert is not to be more right than other people,
but to be wrong for more sophisticated reasons.
			Dr. David Butler, British psephologist