winter.txt update - testers needed

Robert Connolly cendres at videotron.ca
Wed Feb 4 03:30:31 PST 2004

On February 4, 2004 05:58 am, Archaic wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 06:17:28PM -0500, Robert Connolly wrote:
> > pivot_root doesn't seem to like fpie. I dont think its too serious, a
> > patch might fix it.
>
> This might have repercussions if someone tries to build a boot CD with
> HLFS. Which leasts me to ponder.... will the toolchain be able to
> rebuild its self?

It should rebuild itself with all options turned on. I think there's a patch
for xfree86 too. I haven't looked at pivot_root yet because I have more
problems with elf headers atm, and it might be related. Having trouble
getting stack-relocation, no-text-relocation, and relocation-read-only,
working at the same time.