winter.txt

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Tue Feb 3 20:46:56 PST 2004

Archaic wrote:
> FYI, it looks like that will be too new of a cvs.
> Ryan's pinpointing the cvs date and so far he's favoring around
> the 15th of January before the 2.3.4 symbols start being added.

16th Jan.

That's for base LFS, you guys'll probably have to live on the bleeding edge
of glibc cvs if building with gcc-3.4
(I'm still waiting on the --start-only-if-used/--end-only-if-used
stuff to go into binutils before I go back to 3.4,
cancellation issues building glibc+nptl w 3.4 ...)

For the relro stuff however you can track changes to elf/dl-reloc.c
Last update there was Sat Jan 24 08:33:05 2004 UTC.

That date will probably be fine for you guys, may only require some minor
patches
(you'll probably also want to track changes to elf/rtld.c)
2004-01-22  Jakub Jelinek  <jakub at redhat.com>

* elf/dl-reloc.c (_dl_relocate_object): Move PT_GNU_RELRO protection
  into...
  (_dl_protect_relro): New routine.
* sysdeps/generic/ldsodefs.h (_dl_protect_relro): New prototype.
* elf/rtld.c (_dl_start_final): Copy l_relro_addr and l_relro_size
  from bootstrap_map.
  (_dl_main): Don't set GL(_dl_loaded)->l_relro_{addr,size} here.
  Call _dl_protect_relro for libraries if prelinking
previous changes were Jan 15th...

Safest though may be to pull from 28 Jan 2004 03:54:32 -0000, thats
the last set of updates in that touched the elf code.

Actually, funnily enough there was nothing listed as changed
between 28th and 30th, so Roberts cvs pull from the 29th
actually was, funnily enough, probably fortuitously correct ;-)

 Regards
Ryan