Fwd: http://www.smashguard.org

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Tue Feb 3 04:38:19 PST 2004

----- Forwarded message from Hilmi Ozdoganoglu <cyprian at purdue.edu> -----

To: bugtraq at securityfocus.com
From: Hilmi Ozdoganoglu <cyprian at purdue.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 18:34:27 -0500 (EST)
Subject: http://www.smashguard.org

        SmashGuard is a hardware-based solution developed at Purdue
University  to prevent Buffer-Overflow Attacks realized by overwriting the
Function  Return Address (patent-pending).  The design of SmashGuard is a
kernel patch that supports CPUs modified to support SmashGuard protection.

 For details please refer to the  TechReports at:

	http://www.smashguard.org

  In addition to details of SmashGuard, the site serves as a comprehensive
resource for buffer overflow attacks/prevention/detection. On "the buffer
overflow page" we provide links to research papers, known exploits, safer
C languages, patents, audit tools and more.  If you can think of a site or
resource that should be added please send email to our webmaster
(cyprian at purdue.edu)

-SmashGuard Group

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Archaic

It would be thought a hard government that should tax its people one
tenth part.

- Benjamin Franklin