et_dyn -fpie

Robert Connolly cendres at videotron.ca
Sun Feb 1 10:56:46 PST 2004

I have specs for fPIE or fPIC w/ propolice. They build gcc/glibc fine and are
a good example of how to modify the gcc specs file to change/add default
behaviour of gcc. I have problems with hgcc.sh though. At the bottom of /
tools/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.2/specs there is the "link_command"
specs. The last line has a couple *'s in the string, which causes problems
with sed/regex. This wasn't a problem when hgcc just had propolice. I need to
search and replace lines, or partial lines, in 3.3.2/specs; and that file has
every imaginable special charecter in it, except "double quotes". Using \ in
sed doesn't allow $link_command_string to expand. So unless there is another
way, the best thing I can think of is converting hgcc.sh to perl. Perl is
flexable enough to get around regex limitations, and can do everything
internaly that hgcc.sh would do externaly (grep,sed,tr,head). But perl is a
pretty odd dependency considering hgcc.sh is just a frontend for an sed
function.