SELinux and Security Updates Qusetions

Justin Friel reply at the.list
Mon Aug 23 10:53:53 PDT 2004

Archaic wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 22, 2004 at 03:40:20PM -0500, Justin Friel wrote:

Thanks for the reply,

> When did you read the wiki? That page was deleted a long time ago and a
> link was put in its place. Please recheck.

I just read the Wiki a day or two ago. I saw the link you mentioned
(http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/index.php?pagename=HLFS),  but the
HLFS book didn't have any info on SELinux.  I was just hoping there was
something newer.

> And as far as SELinux, it is know that it will be a beast to do if you
> want to use pristine sources instead of Redhat sources.

For the most part yeah. I have had to build a lot of the packages from
the nsa (Fedora) sources.  The patches applied cleanly to only a couple
of the original sources and one already SELinux built in (I believe it
was util-linux-2.12a, I'm trying to write this all down as I go).

Good luck going
> down that road. It is something that is planned way in the future if
> this project ever starts seeing more active development.

Thanks, if any of the notes I've been taking would be helpful getting it
going I'd be glad to share my experiences.

One other thing I was hoping to hear from the list was a good
centralized place to read about new security risks and or find patches.
Where do you go for that sort of stuff?

Thanks,
Justin