QLFS project announcement

J. Scott Edwards sedwards at xmission.com
Mon Aug 23 06:05:29 PDT 2004

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004, Archaic wrote:

> This is the wrong place for support of QLFS. Ask the maintainer of it.

I just thought I would give it a shot since I couldn't get HLFS to work
and it seemed pretty similar.  I thought maybe I would have better luck,
but apparently not.

> As far as HLFS, I'm hoping we can start ramping up on a new toolchain
> shortly after LFS-6 is released. It will be used for LFS-5.2 which will
> be the basis for the updated HLFS.

I'm sorry I didn't follow this at all.  What will be used for LFS-5.2?
The new HLFS will be based upon LFS-6 or LFS-5.2?

> Time is not a luxury we have, though.
> :(

I hear you there, I expected to deploy this sucker around the 4th of July
and it's still sitting here. :<

Would it be a good idea to try to build HLFS without any of the security
patches and then if that works add the security patches one at a time
until I find out what is causing the failure?

Where is the latest HLFS book?

Thanks
   -Scott