Glibc-2.3.3 Ch. 6 make check errors - math & dlfcn

Jan Mattila jan.mattila at helsinki.fi
Fri Aug 13 11:25:51 PDT 2004

Lainaus Peter Smith <hlfs at deeptrauma.net>:

> I dont get these errors on a normal LFS 5.1.1 build.

I tried building LFS 5.1.1 by the book just to see, what
would happen and only got 2 of the 3 math errors (no
test-ifloat error) and none of the other errors.

This obviously means that the source of the problem with
math/test-ifloat, dlfcn/default, elf/tst-array[1234] and
elf/order originates from the hlfs versions of the packages
and patches and their incompatibility with my hardware
and build system.

Unfortunately this gets me no closer to a functioning
hlfs system, since I still haven't found any clues as to
the importance of these failed tests or the repercussions
of ignoring them and finishing the build.

Hoping I could be of more use tracking down the problem,
--

 Jan Mattila <jan.mattila at helsinki.fi>

 "Finland, Finland, Finland, Finland has it all."
                             - Michael Palin