Glibc-2.3.3 Ch. 6 make check errors - math & dlfcn

Jan Mattila jan.mattila at helsinki.fi
Sun Aug 8 12:23:04 PDT 2004

Quoting Archaic <archaic at linuxfromscratch.org>:

> On Sun, Aug 08, 2004 at 01:57:49PM +0300, Jan Mattila wrote:
> >
> > except for a couple of packages, which I've downloaded
> > from other locations or for which I've taken a newer
> > version, since I've thought it wouldn't matter.
>
> As per the default LFS paradigm, if you run into trouble using
> versions not stated in the book, re-try with the versions in
> the book before asking for support. The book versions have
> received much more testing, and some newer packages are known
> to not work. Also, *never* substitute a toolchain package unless
> you really know what you are doing.

My apologies.

As an excuse I offer the fact that none of the download sites
mentioned have the package available and I really wanted to try
and build my hlfs system and since the link on book's page is
to the Freshmeat site, which obviously links to either the
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/glibc/ or the
ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/glibc/releases/ site, where
contradictory to the text in "Note 1)" there is a tarball
of the latest release Glibc-2.3.3, I thought that maybe the
book just hadn't been updated recently on that page and that,
even though I am aware of the significance of not playing
around with the toolchain, it would be okay to download the
released tarball from the original ftp-site and that it would
even be more prudent than using an unreleased tarball grabbed
from the CVS. Silly me.

I wonder if it would be possible for someone to post a link
to a Glibc-2.3.3-lfs-5.1.tar.bz2 available for download, so
that I could try building my hlfs system with the proper
toolchain?

Gratefully,
--

 Jan Mattila <jan.mattila at helsinki.fi>

 "Finland, Finland, Finland, Finland has it all."
                             - Michael Palin