Glibc-2.3.3 Ch. 6 make check errors - math & dlfcn

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Aug 8 10:16:19 PDT 2004

On Sun, Aug 08, 2004 at 01:57:49PM +0300, Jan Mattila wrote:

> except for a couple of packages, which I've downloaded
> from other locations or for which I've taken a newer
> version, since I've thought it wouldn't matter.

As per the default LFS paradigm, if you run into trouble using versions
not stated in the book, re-try with the versions in the book before
asking for support. The book versions have received much more testing,
and some newer packages are known to not work. Also, *never* substitute
a toolchain package unless you really know what you are doing.

--
Archaic

"Are we to understand," asked the judge, "that you hold your own
interests above the interests of the public?" "I hold that such a
question can never arise except in a society of cannibals."

- Ayn Rand