new ssp patch sysctl-erandom (was Re: book)

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Apr 20 20:16:03 PDT 2004

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 06:25:46PM -0400, Robert Connolly wrote:
> All my initial testing of the new sysctl-erandom interface are good. It works.
> I left a few loose ends in the book, I want to get blowfish passwords in, and
> after I plan to integrate sysctl-erandom into mkstemp (lfs-utils). Anyone
> know where else this can be used? Aswell, I want sysctl interfaces for
> urandom and random so crypto can use this facility too.

If we start making everything use the same source, will the data pool
run too low?

--
Archaic

You [should] not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it
will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it
would do and the harm it would cause if improperly administered

- Lyndon Johnson, former President of the U.S.