Blowfish support in crypt() (glibc) ?

Michael Wu flamingice at NOSPAMsourmilk.net
Sat Apr 17 23:49:29 PDT 2004

Robert Connolly wrote:

> libxcrypt and crypt_blowfish are the same thing. crypt_blowfish is a
> patch against libcrypt.so, libxcrypt is the same code but standalone
> in libxcrypt.so. Suse is using both at the same time, even though its
> redundent (identical functions from 2 libs).
Yup, no argument there. libcrypt got loaded before libxcrypt on my
system since shadow linked to it, and I couldn't figure out why
blowfish wasn't working when I first tried pam_unix2. (libxcrypt-2.0
was released to fix this problem)