chap6 creating directories

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Apr 17 03:36:31 PDT 2004

On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 09:48:30PM -0400, Robert Connolly wrote:
> Anyone have opinions about using install(1) (/usr/bin/install) instead of
> mkdir and chmod for creating directories. For example:

I would prefer it technically, however I would like to keep as much
with the LFS book as possible to keep the number of questions down.
Perhaps you should post to lfs-dev and see if they would be willing to
change.

--
Archaic

A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one
another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own
pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth
of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government,
and all that is necessary to close the circle of our felicities.

- Thomas Jefferson, in his 1801 inaugural address