How do i build the toolchain whithout ssp from a host with ssp?

Jonas Norlander jonas.norlander at ovikonline.com
Fri Apr 16 06:43:02 PDT 2004

On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 07:13:18AM -0400, Robert Connolly wrote:
> On April 16, 2004 03:45 am, Jonas Norlander wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 05:42:19PM -0400, Robert Connolly wrote:
> > > I should also add. If you simply dont use any ssp patches, gcc pass 1
> > > will escape it, so uclibc or whatever in chapter 5 should not get any ssp
> > > related errors.
> >
> > So what are you saing, that if I dont use any flags (-fno-stack-protector)
> > or ssp patches in chapter 5 I should have a clean toolchain for chapter 6
> > without ssp?
>
> If you don't use any ssp patches nothing after gcc pass 1 should have any
> propolice in it.

I have tried compile without patches and flags but i cant get past
"Installing GCC-3.3.2 - Pass 1".
It looks like the problem is related to that __guard_setup and
__stack_smash_handler is included in static builds, and when gcc
comes to stage2 it cant for some reason find those symbols.

I built this system with the first version of the propolice hint.