How do i build the toolchain whithout ssp from a host with ssp?

Jonas Norlander jonas.norlander at ovikonline.com
Fri Apr 16 00:28:57 PDT 2004

> have you looked at the cross compile hint?  the kernel module works
> best  using flags tend to work some of the time as you found out

Thanks for the reply
But the "cross compile" is not the problem.

My host machine is an i686 and I am compiling for a pentium (i586)
using the kernel module. The configuraton scripts for binutils and
gcc are using the right thing.

checking for i586-pc-linux-gnu-ar... no

[root at venus ~]# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by    Tainted: P
uname-i586               289   0  (unused)
loop                    8504   3  (autoclean)
3c59x                  24944   1  (autoclean)
rtc                     6108   0  (autoclean)

[root at venus ~]# uname -m
i586