book

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Apr 12 22:09:29 PDT 2004

On April 12, 2004 11:16 pm, Dagmar d'Surreal wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-04-09 at 22:58, Robert Connolly wrote:
> > On April 10, 2004 01:24 am, Kendrick wrote:
> > > Robert Connolly wrote:
> > There are plans to have a blfs section part of the hlfs book. Mail
> > service could use its own subdirectory since it has so many ways of being
> > used. I can think of a million ways of going nuts with securing services,
> > and how they relate to eachother. Scenarios would need to be written I
> > suppose.
>
> That's almost a certainty.  I never found a really decent way of
> explaining hardening without just showing someone the most restrictive
> way of configuring things for specific tasks.

We still going with the 'every security option turned on' theme? The clock
script can come out of the boot scripts, there's a grsec option that would
prevent it from working. Since everyone rebuilds the kernel as part of a
standard install, I think its reasonable for people to just hardcode their
timezone (if bios isn't GMT). Do we want to maintain the ash compliance for
bootscripts?