Newsitem

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Dec 30 07:50:26 PST 2003

Hi,
Congrats on the mailinglist and thus the "official" formation of HLFS!
As you may have noticed, I've quickly threw together a news blurb on
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/news.html#generalnews. You may want
to extend it; send suggestions to me or the website list.

Here's the announcement:

Over the past few weeks, a discussion about a security-oriented LFS book
has dominated the lfs-security list. Some clear ideas about the form and
content of this initiative are crystalizing, and it was decided to give
the initiators of this project a decent platform to work on. So far, a
mailinglist (hlfs-dev) has been created for Hardened Linux From Scratch,
as it was dubbed.

HLFS will become a book that provides the reader with a fundamental
understanding of security that can be used as a base for futher
research. Part of the process in teaching this will be to build a
hardened system step-by-step.

The discussions about HLFS need to be transformed into a roadmap and a
manifesto. Everyone who's interested in security is welcome to join the
discussion.

FAQ and Website Maintainer
{faq,website}@linuxfromscratch.org
www.jeroencoumans.nl