[elinks-users] elinks and elinks-lite ?

Y Giridhar Appaji Nag giridhar at appaji.net
Mon Jan 10 01:02:51 PST 2011

On 11/01/06 18:07 -0600, Kumar Appaiah said ...
> On Thu, Jan 06, 2011 at 04:17:02PM -0700, Jeff Wood wrote:
> > yes, i'm referring to how different distros package elinks (ubuntu uses
> > both elinks and elinks-lite) and i was just curious what the differences
> > are? rendering or connections, perhaps?
>
> Here is a snippet from the Debian elinks rules (build) file:
>
> http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/elinks.git;a=blob;f=debian/rules;h=c0c12bbfff193625a32b06642892f42485b015c8;hb=debian/unstable#l28
>
> Here, you can clearly see which options are disabled for the lite
> version, under confopts_lite.

The rule that I follow when creating the elinks-lite package is that except
for TLS functionality, there should not be any other library dependencies.  So
far this has worked well, but I am willing to break the rule in case there is
an extremely compelling feature.

Giridhar

--
Y Giridhar Appaji Nag | http://appaji.net/