[elinks-users] [ANNOUNCE] ELinks-0.10.2
fonseca at diku.dk
Sun Jan 30 15:28:48 PST 2005
Here goes another another sync with the unstable development branch. It
contains a few new features, improvements and some very important fixes.
The critical form bug (602) which was introduced shortly before 0.10 was
branch has been fixed and I now consider 0.10.2 very much to be a
release worthy for inclusions in various distributions.
Following is a summary of the changes in ELinks 0.10.2.
- Merge in the official debian packaging files so it is now easy to
build your own .deb files. Just apt-get install devscripts and run
debuild in the ELinks root directory.
- Add experimental Ruby scripting back-end. An example hooks file is
available in contrib/ruby/hooks.rb but it doesn't do anything
Feature updates and improvements:
- Add LEDs info dialog. It can be opened using the Help menu and when
the LED display is clicked.
- Introduce a very simple ECMAScript pop-up window blocking mechanism.
Will show a 'P' in the LED indicators. Off by default.
- Add an example user style sheet and configuration file in contrib/.
- Add support for disabling extended horizontal scrolling, so it will
work like vertical scrolling. Requested by Russ Rowan.
- Optimize CSS style handling.
- Enable usage of the search history also for incremental link text
- Add a little help text to the terminal options dialog, which also
indicates the value of the TERM environment variable. Hopefully this
will help new users to figure out how configuration of terminals
- When in cursor-routing mode, scroll the document as many rows or
columns as necessary rather than only be one row or one column.
- A few documentation updates.
- Fix handling of forms embedded in table code. (bug 602)
- Alert about file saving error when -no-home was given.
- The default user style sheet is now applied correctly.
- Fix leak related to CSS being disabled and applying the default
- Fix underline rendering when using 256 colors.
- Localization fixes.
- Fix calling of get-proxy scripting hooks. Now they should work
- When using the goto link number functionality in cursor-routing
mode, position the cursor on the newly selected link.
- Compile fixes for *BSD and IRIX systems. Reported by Nelson H. F. Beebe.
Add to this various smaller fixes, cleanups and translation updates.
The complete changelog is available in the package.
Please, if a bug you reported in bugzilla (http://bugzilla.elinks.or.cz)
has been fixed help to close it or verify whether the bug is infact
As always you are more than welcome to join the insomniacs hanging out
at the #elinks IRC channel on irc.freenode.net if you want to report
issues or meet developers.
More information about the elinks-users