[blfs-support] problem using BS or DEL key

Alexey Orishko alexey.orishko at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 10:14:37 PST 2013

Hi folks,

I wonder if anyone could guess what's wrong with my text terminal.
I've recently built LFS-7.4 (32bit) and most of BLFS (I'm not using X
Windows, just text terminals only) on Atom D2550 motherboard, VGA display
resolution.

When I logged in if I try to edit bash command line by deleting symbol with
BS rest of the text line became solid white blocks.
The same happens if I edit in mcedit (editing in midnight commander). If I
scroll text garbage symbols scroll as well).
Same happens if I use DEL key, but not every time.
I also use loadkeys with no-latin1 (dunno if it might cause any trouble or
not).

Any hint, what might be wrong?

Regards,
Alexey