[blfs-support] Cryptsetup

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Wed Nov 27 14:52:36 PST 2013

Em 27-11-2013 19:27, Fernando de Oliveira escreveu:
> Em 27-11-2013 18:59, Richard Melville escreveu:
>> I realise that cryptsetup is not in the BLFS book but I wondered if
>> anybody knows whether libdevmapper (crypsetup configure fails
>> complaining about its absence) can be installed on its own or if I'm
>> going to have to install the complete LVM package.  I'm not planning to
>> use LVM as it seems redundant since the emergence of Btrfs, but  I need
>> cryptsetup, and thus libdevmapper, for encryption.
>>
>> Richard
>>

> We used to have just device-mapper:

I have just tested:

./configure --prefix=/usr      \
            --enable-dmeventd  \
            --enable-cmdlib    \
            --enable-pkgconfig &&
make device-mapper
make DESTDIR=/tmp/DEST-LVM2.2.02.104 install_device-mapper

Gives:

$ ls */*
usr/include:
libdevmapper-event.h  libdevmapper.h

usr/lib:
libdevmapper-event.so       libdevmapper.so       pkgconfig
libdevmapper-event.so.1.02  libdevmapper.so.1.02

usr/sbin:
dmeventd  dmsetup

usr/share:
man

--enable-pkgconfig to have /usr/lib/pkgconfig or it will not appear

--enable-dmeventd --enable-cmdlib to have dmeventd,
libdevmapper-event.so and libdevmapper-event.h

--
[]s,
Fernando