[blfs-support] raid on btrfs questions

lux-integ lux-integ at btconnect.com
Sat Nov 23 06:30:06 PST 2013

Greetings,

I am planning  to have a go  at  setting up raid with btrfs on a computer with
blfs..   I am following guidance from this webppage:-
(  https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Using_Btrfs_with_Multiple_Devices
--A )

 I have  already  tried RAID10 (6disks)  with mdadm/ext3 and mdadm/xfs.
mdadm has a switch  ( called  as  --assemble )

#/sbin/mdadm --assemble

(which assembles the parts of the previously created. raid. array
it is described in the manpage in the following link:-
( http://www.linuxmanpages.com/man8/mdadm.8.php  --B )

QUESTION 1:
Does any blfs'er know if starting btrfs-created raid needs or has an
equivalent  of the --assemble switch?

QUESTION 2:
It might sound obvious,  but I am assuming that raid creation using   for
example
mkfs.btrfs -m raid10  ( as per --A above ) results in /dev/md0{1/2}?

thanks in advance

sincerely
luxInteg