[blfs-support] /dev/fb0 not being created on boot

Richard Melville richard.melville69 at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 21 08:10:54 PST 2013

I've just configured a new 3.12 kernel and now /dev/fb0 is not being
created, despite all the necessary configurations being built into the
kernel.  This means that I can't get a decent resolution in the console; I
was using vga=792.

My old kernel was a 3.7-rc8 and worked without problems.  The config file
(in relation to the framebuffer at least) appears to be identical for both
kernels.

This is driving me crazy.  Any help or suggestions much appreciated.

Richard