[blfs-support] Boot Failure with wlan0 firmware

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Mon Nov 18 18:12:26 PST 2013

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 07:27:06PM -0600, Dan McGhee wrote:

> I'm glad I thought of that.  I'm tired of configuring kernels.  Have
> done eight since Friday.  yuk.

 Yeah, sorting out new machines is fun.

> You and Bruce are going to have to buy new hardware to check out all of
> this EFI stuff.  :)

 -ENOSPACE : I bought a new low-end AMD A4 in the spring (for Win 7),
all four positions on my KVM switch are occupied (that box, AMD
Phonon, low-end Sandy Bridge, ppc64).

> So that I don't have to advertise my "rustiness" with a subject line on
> the list, I've got a really noob question.  I can't dredge up the answer
> from the "grey cells."  What are the "key presses" to switch between
> terminals in a non-graphic environment?  I think ALT-CTRL-F[1-6] takes
> you to different run levels, but what about terminals?  Uhoh.  I think I
> just remembered something.  Am I thinking of ALT-CTRL-F[1-4]?

 Alt-F[1-6] for terminals.  I've not _seen_ runlevel switching like
that, and on icewm I use Alt-Ctrl-Fn to get back to a tty (Alt-F7 to
return to xorg), Alt-F[1-4] in icewm switches desktops.

 ĸen