[blfs-support] Problems Compiling Gimp, Gegl and Babl

Alan Feuerbacher alanf00 at comcast.net
Sat Nov 16 10:05:39 PST 2013

On 11/16/2013 11:37 AM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Alan Feuerbacher wrote:
>> babl-0.1.10 installed without a hitch, but put all of its libraries
>> and such in "babl-0.1" rather than in "babl".
>
> That is correct.  Gimp should be getting info from babl.pc:
>
> Cflags: -I${includedir}/babl-0.1
> Libs: -L${libdir} -lbabl-0.1 -lm

That's what is happening alright. Likely the problems with compiling
gegl affected the above, but I don't see the connection.

> Gimp complained about
>> In both cases make failed with:
>
> Try configuring with --disable-docs.  The problem is with makeinfo.  I
> think that is fixed in texinfo-5.2. but there really is no need to
> regenerate the docs at all.

That switch worked, and gegl and gimp compiled successfully.

I began installing LFS and BLFS a few weeks ago, and in the meantime it
appears that a lot of updates have been made. So I installed texinfo-5.2
according to the latest instructions in SVN-20131105, and then tried
compiling gegl again. It failed with the same error as before.

Thanks!

Alan