[blfs-support] /lib/services/bridge need "ip link set xxx up" before or after "brctl addif xxx xxx"

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 21:47:47 PST 2013

William Harrington wrote:

> On Nov 14, 2013, at 9:41 PM, xinglp wrote:
>
>> The bridge is bringed up by ifup script.
>
> It should bring it up after the bridge is created. If that isn't
> working properly, then it is wrong.

Interesting that you are commenting on the script without reading it.
You actually need to read the bridge component in conjunction with ifup
and /etc/sysconfig/ifconfig.br0.

In short, yes, it is brought up after creating.  Looking at it, there
may be an issue that I didn't check.  It seems a little unusual to
assign a dhcp address to a bridge, so I've never checked it with that
combination.  The dhcp service does try to run before the bridge is
brought up, so those scripts may need customization for this case.

   -- Bruce