[blfs-support] Xorg-7.7 Does not Detect Input Devices on 64-bit Build

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Wed Nov 6 03:45:17 PST 2013

On Wed, Nov 06, 2013 at 10:36:07AM +0000, John Frankish wrote:
> > > How would I go about using strace to check where the xorg-server is
> > looking for 10-evdev.conf?
> > >

> Using "strace -o log_file Xorg -nolisten tcp &", Xorg beings to start up, but then stops with the error:

> xf86OpenConsole cannot open virtual console2 (permission denied)
>
> Examining the log file up to that point shows that "10-evdev.conf" is found and parsed and libudev is found.
>
> Is there a way to use strace on Xorg without resorting to running it as root?
>
> Thanks
> John

 I'm not aware of any.  But if it found 10-evdev.conf, and that
matches your working 32-bit version, then I've no idea why evdev
isn't working for you.  Not sure if either of the following links
have any relevance -

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-963468-start-0-postdays-0-postorder-asc-highlight-.html?sid=188698f49e2764a07d079e038b9acb2e

 or

http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg/2011-June/053035.html

 Failing that, maybe there is something in the arch wiki -

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xorg

 Sorry I've no more ideas.

ĸen