[blfs-support] Wifi Operations--Again

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 20:40:12 PST 2013

Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 03, 2013 at 09:47:07PM -0300, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
>>
>> There is one thing I am trying to understand. Forgive-me if I am missing
>> something.
>>
>> Is it so different with wifi?
>>
>> In my case there is no wifi. But in chroot I can use the network as is
>> set by the host, no need to try setting up the network in chroot:
>>
>   Indeed.  I don't know if Dan has already installed wget in chroot,
> which is partly why I suggested downloading on the host.  The other
> part of 'partly' is that my own /sources is an nfs mount [ download
> once, build on one or more of my machines ].
>
>   What Dan seems to want to do differently is to *configure* the wifi
> in chroot.

What I don't understand is why networking is needed in chroot at all.
You can have two windows open: standard (virtual terminal, x window, ssh
window, etc) and a chroot window,  Do the network downloads in the
standard window to /mnt/lfs/whatever and build from the chroot window.

In my case, I have two ssh windows open to the box I'm building on, one
standard and the other is where I did the chroot.

   -- Bruce